Sunday, April 11, 2010

The Kiddo Love Story

Again taking you to one of my many train journeys. There i sat on my journey back home. I was going home after 6 months, to mom. I had missed her so much. Without a job the brain had started malfunctioning, the tension, the frustration, the depression and only one person could help me with it, mom. So here i was travelling from Delhi to Sirsa in the AC chair car of Kisan Express.

A 3 yr old girl, sweet, cute travelling with her dad. A further 3 rows ahead a small boy of the same age, upset, on the verge of crying. The girl standing on the seat observing everyone in the compartment. The boy cribbing to his parents that when will they reach their destination. Tears had already reached his eyes when something happened.

Through the wetness of his eyes he saw a figure of a girl. A sweet girl looking at him. The tears disappeared. "O no she is looking at me. She should not see my crying. What will she think of me?" He ducks behind the back rest of his seat. And from the corner he peeps out. " Is she still looking in my direction" "Thank God she is not. Time to be a man" He wipes his face clean. Puts his hair in order and ready to win his lady love. And then he gets up on the seat as well. " Hey why is she looking in the other direction. Why is she not looking at me"

"She is so beautiful. What a smile she has. What beautiful hair she has. She looks so stunning" But like every other story, the girl was least interested even in looking at the guy. She was too busy with other things "Dad can i have your mobile. How do i get to the songs. How do i play this game. Where is mom's cream. I also wanna put it" and all this while the guy was like "Whats so interesting in the mobile. Why is she not even looking up. Hey papa give me your mobile. I will show her that i have a better one. See girl my mobile even has a camera. Now at least look at me at least" By this time the girl was already busy with the cream and the guy goes " Hey now whats with the cream. Why does she need the cream, she is so beautiful anyways"

And just then her dad gets up and takes out of the suitcase from the upper loft. " Hey you cant be leaving. " She puts on her small cartoon fur bag on her back and jumps from the seat onto the aisle. The guys face drops. He puts his hand out and wants to stop her but he cant. She has to go. He wont be able to see her again, EVER. She moves towards the door as his tears seem to appear again in this eyes. Her dad opens the door. She follows him out but as the door seems to be closing, she turns around. Looks at him, their eyes meet. The remain glued at each other for a few seconds. Her lips break into a smile and then she disappears onto the platform.
A tear rolls down his cheek but the smile had made his day. He slowly slips back into his seat and stares out of the window, her smile still in front of his eyes..........

No comments:

Post a Comment