Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Paa.... I miss you.....

Hi Dad,
Today its 3rd March... Its been 3 yrs since i last saw you.... I still remember that day moment by moment... That fun filled evening in Pune and that one phone call.....

I have very few memories of you but the ones that i have are very deeply engraved in my mind... I remember seeing "Main hoon na" with you in that theatre in Mathura... I remember you taking me cricket kit shopping in Meerut years before that.... I still remember you coming down to Jamshedpur to meet me when i was barely 10... I was playing outside and i came back only to find you standing behind my door as i opened it.... I still remember the meal we had at Franks in Jamshedpur.... I still remember meeting you at Bandra station on 12th July 2006, just a day after the Mumbai train blasts... Never knew that would be our last face to face conversation.... I still remember the last thing you handed over to me... A Rs4500 bill that i had accomplished talking to my then girlfriend... I still remember you had calculated the amount i had spent calling that one particular number... It was somewhere around Rs3200...

Few days back i was cleaning up my room when i came across a picture of yours. It was one of the very few pics i have of yours... Saw it and missed you a lot that day... Dad did i ever tell you that a day before my CAT i wasnt able to sleep all night... All i kept wishing that night that maybe you would come and wish me best of luck... Very improbable but that was just a wish....

Dad today i just wanna tell you that i am on the verge of completing my studies... Another day and i will be a Post Graduate.... Like every Dad you too would have had dreams to see my flying the sky... I am on the verge of fulfilling your dreams,....

On 20th I have my Convocation in Ghaziabad... Just wish that you were here to see this day... I know you would have been very happy... I just wish that i would have been lucky enough to see the expressions on your face.... And i very well know that on 20th when everyone else would have their Dad cheering them on, I would miss you... Mom would be there but you wouldnt.... Please Dad a request to you... You are cordially invited to witness the biggest day in my life as yet... Please come... I wont be able to see you, but your presence and your blessings would be enough for me....

Love you Dad.... Miss you Dad....

2 comments: